This role involves joining a software development team working on a variety of projects. Each project has a duration between 3 months and 2 years. The role will involve the complete lifecycle of a project, including analysing client requirements, technical design, development, and deployment. The projects team uses a variety of different languages, so a keenness to learn new languages will be necessary.
Further information on our projects can be found here
We welcome applications from software developers with a minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant STEM subject.
The following are necessary
• Building (and ideally architecting) software applications from the ground up
• Applying OO coding principles (and ideally design patterns)
• Being happy to meet clients and discussing requirements
• Designing and delivering software in highly technical teams
• Languages: C# or similar OO language, SQL
Experience in these is advantageous
• ASP.Net – MVC, Web API
• Mobile app development – web, iOS and Android, Xamarin
• Entity Framework
• HTML and CSS
• Building for accessibility
• Python, Java, C++
We work in information technology because we enjoy the challenges and see the positive impact IT has on business and society.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
Check out the benefits of working at OCC.