Permanent full-time position. (Part time will be considered.)
Our software products team is looking for a junior software developer, ideally with at least a 2:1 degree.
Candidates will be joining a team of front and back end developers working on a social care finance system composed of a suite of applications interacting with a SQL Server database back-end.
• An object-oriented language such as C# and Java
Knowledge in the following areas would also be advantageous:
• Database design and programming, ideally with Microsoft SQL Server. Candidates must be fully conversant with developing stored procedures, triggers, views, functions, indexes, constraints and keys.
• HTML and CSS, with a good understanding of front-end best practices and accessibility considerations.
Although the role is not client-facing one, strong communication and interpersonal skills are important, as successful candidates will need to interact with various teams within the ContrOCC product, including Support and Implementations.
An interest in all parts of the product life cycle, from specification and design to development and implementation, will be beneficial.
Some of the key benefits of being part of the OCC products team:
• Working on a growing application across a range of technologies.
• Being part of a friendly team where you will be encouraged to develop your own areas of interest and expertise.
• Generous training budget and active internal knowledge-sharing initiatives
At OCC, we work in information technology because we enjoy the challenges and we see the positive impact IT has on business and society.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
Check out the benefits of working at Oxford Computer Consultants.
Find out more about or products