We're looking for a lead front-end developer to strengthen our software delivery and help increase the skills of our existing developers in a multi-disciplinary team. In our Custom Software department, we go out and meet scientists, engineers and start-ups, to learn about the latest research and ideas. We create bespoke software for these clients that ranges from highly specialised applications for National Grid, to public websites that make research accessible for everyone.
Our department is 25 strong, with a mixture of front-end developers, full-stack developers, designers, project managers, and sales team, who work together to produce the best software solutions for our clients. Our size means that everyone knows each other, everyone can have an input in how we work, and we have a personal environment.
As a lead front-end developer, your role will involve: meeting prospective clients; helping plan and estimate projects; working alongside designers and full-stack developers to architect solutions; leading front-end developers through implementing a solution; and helping us deliver high quality software to a diverse array of customers.
- Thorough understanding of Accessibility requirements (WCAG, ARIA, etc.)
- Familiarity with build tools / task runners (Webpack, etc.)
- Ability to lead Front-End developers
- Experience in working with designers, backend developers and project managers
- Client-friendly communication skills
Good to have
- Familiarity with Testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, etc.)
- Degree in IT / Computing / Science
- WordPress experience
- An interest in technological innovation beyond software
Check out the benefits of working at Oxford Computer Consultants.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV with covering letter, link to examples of your work and salary expectation to email@example.com or tel: 01865 305200